- Ultra is the hybrid butternut for you when tonnage counts.
- Due to the variability of this variety, we suggest that growers test a small amount of Ultra in each growing window and market niche before sowing a large acreage.
- Under short day conditions, some customers report that it can be used as a crop substitute for Waltham and similar type squash.
- The fruit are variable in shape, especially under summer (long day) conditions, and the flesh is fine and sweet.
- This hybrid was specially developed for processing, dehydrating, or freezing.