CAVOLO NERO (Black Kale)
- Cavolo Nero is also known as black kale, black cabbage, Tuscan kale, or by its Italian names Lacinato and Nero de Toscana and is a cousin to the popular Italian vegetable Cavolo Fiore (like cauliflower).
- With its distinctive long, dark green, almost black leaves, Cavolo Nero originates from the fields of Tuscany where it was first believed to be grown in 600BC.
Out of stock
Cavolo Nero (Black Kale)
- Cavolo Nero is an extremely versatile vegetable with a marvelous rich, intense, and slightly sweet flavour, which means it can be used in several different ways.
- Like its cousin kale, Cavolo Nero is a member of the brassica family and used in many traditional Italian dishes, from soups through to main meals.
- Generations of Italians have appreciated the delights of Cavolo Nero and now the British are catching on to its benefits too.
- Whilst Cavolo Nero enjoys all the benefits of traditional kale, it has a delicious and rich taste all its own.
- It is great in hearty meals like minestrone soup but is also delicious in lighter dishes such as salads.
|20 × 12.7 × 0.2 cm